Shaping lifelong values
Beyond our emphasis on strong academics, we use the Seven Global Hallmarks as a foundation for our students’ life skills learning. The Hallmarks are shared by schools affiliated with the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur around the world and guide our curriculum from preschool through 8th grade. They are meaningful aspirations that build character and foster well-rounded students, reinforcing our focus on peace, justice, and service, as well as respect for the dignity of each person and all faith traditions. With the Hallmarks at the heart of our approach, at Notre Dame Elementary, we are building leadership skills and equipping our students for the future.
The Seven Global Hallmarks:
• We proclaim by our lives even more than by our words that God is good.
• We honor the dignity and sacredness of each person.
• We educate for and act on behalf of justice and peace in the world.
• We commit ourselves to community service.
• We embrace the gift of diversity.
• We create community among those with whom we work and with those we serve.
• We develop holistic learning communities which educate for life.